Les Amis de Beauford Delaney is supporting the completion of

BEAUFORD DELANEY: SO SPLENDID A JOURNEY,

the first full-length documentary about Beauford.


Join us in making this video tribute to Beauford a reality!

TO MAKE A TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION,

CLICK HERE.



Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Presenting Beauford

I am pleased to announce that I will speak at two events in Paris during Black History Month in honor of Beauford and in support of the gravesite project.

The name of my presentation is “Beauford Delaney: From Paris to Beyond.” In it, I will give a brief overview of Beauford’s life, explain how I became involved in the story of his gravesite, and then present images and commentary on his life in Paris. I will discuss the evolution of Beauford’s artistic style, present information on his solo expositions in Paris and retrospectives mounted on his work after his death, and finally, speak about his final resting place and the fundraising effort that we have launched to place a permanent marker at his grave.



On Saturday 27 February 2010, I will speak at an event called “African-American Expatriates – Yesterday and Today” that is organized by the American Embassy. The address is:

New York University in France
56, rue de Passy
Paris 75016
Metro : La Muette or Passy RER : Boulainvilliers

The presentation will begin at 2:00 p.m. It will last approximately one hour, with up to a half-hour designated for questions and answers afterward. Following my presentation, there will be a talk on the 1921 race riot in Tulsa, Oklahoma at 4:00 p.m., and a poetry reading at 6:00 p.m.  Wine and cheese will be served at around 7 p.m. Admission is free.

On Sunday 28 February 2010, I will speak at Patricia Laplante-Collins’ Paris Soirées. The informal evening will begin with snacks and wine, followed by a round-robin introduction of attendees. I will give the presentation, followed by questions and answers. A buffet dinner will then be served. If you wish to attend, please send e-mail to Patricia to reserve. Her soirées are always informative and entertaining! Time: 7:00 p.m. Entry fee: 20 euros.


Monique (left) and Patricia (right)

I hope that those of you who live in Paris or who will be passing through on the last weekend of February will join me for one of these events!

No comments: